On the way home from school yesterday, my daughter asked, “Why do you have to take Preg-na-zone?”
“Because it’s helping me breath well right now.” I answered.
“Because pregnant people have asthma?” She asked.
“It’s PRED-NI-SONE, not PREG-NA-ZONE!” I laughed. “I’m not pregnant!!!”
This is how rumors start. I can only imagine what she’s told everyone in school.
Every so often, I feel as though I need to do some housekeeping on the domestic fringe. In my home, that’s about ever 5.7 seconds, because nothing stays clean any longer than that. Today is officially housekeeping day on the fringe.
For me it’s the perfect day to do a little housecleaning, because I’m too grouchy to write anything even mildly humorous. I’m in my second week of taking steroids for my asthma and this medicine makes me either grumpy or it makes me cry. I cried on my daughter’s dress while ironing it for school the other morning. I cried over a movie. I cried over your blog posts. I cried doing the dishes. My eyes are water-wells.
I have about another eight days of this medicine and I fear I may be completely dehydrated by then. My skin is starting to shrivel. After another week, I’ll simply be a well-oxygenated raisin.
Anyway, here’s the latest and great news on the domestic fringe!
1. Heidi from Mom’s, Ministry, and More is hosting an event that will help raise support for American missionaries overseas. You will have a chance to win lots of great gifts from around the world and help missionaries continue the work the Lord has called them to do. I hope you’ll check it out and participate.
For details click HERE.
2. You’ve probably noticed that I have an empty links page listed up on my header bar. It’s because I organize things like a room full of preschoolers organize toys. So I’ve considered color-coding your blogs, but I’ve run into all kinds of mental road-blocks. I’m simply going to organize by state. I’ve seen this done often and it works.
If you would like your blog added to the ‘links’ page of the domestic fringe, please leave me a comment that includes your state or country. Thank You.
3. I created a page called FringeLove. You will find it listed on my header bar. It’s the whole up-to-the-minute love saga between FringeMan and myself. These are the posts I’ve written as part of a blog carnival called Meetings, Marriages, and Memories. Secretly I’ve thought it should be called Meetings, Marriages, and Meltdowns, but don’t tell.
If you’d like to participate yourself or want details, click HERE.
4. Everyone is invited to PARTY IN PINK on October 7th. I urge you to participate. It will be a day where woman who have battled with breast cancer are honored and where those struggling are encouraged. It will be your chance to show your support to a woman you know. If you don’t blog, write a wall post for facebook, send an email, or a card. Everyone can participate. This party is in celebration of my first bloggaversary. Your participation in this event will be a gift to me and those you choose to honor.
For details, click the badge.
5. Finally, if you need some decorating inspirations…
Or maybe HERE
If that isn’t enough, click HERE.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!