Lately, I find that I am distracted and having a hard time being still long enough to get anything done. Something has sent my brain topsy-turvy and I can’t figure out how to straighten up my thoughts. Maybe it’s just Spring fever.
These are a few things that have been on my mind lately:
* I’m on a diet. For real this time. No joke. 15 pounds will go away.
* I’m hungry. See first thought.
* It went from winter – gloves and coat – to summer – temps in the 80’s – in two days time.
* I have a fan and an electric heater out and ready for use in my bedroom.
* Thankfully I am not using the fan and the electric heater at the same time. I have a few more years before menopause.
* It just struck me that it’s men*o*pause. It’s like saying “Men, take pause! Crazy woman on the loose.”
* My kids still have two full months of school left. That’s the same amount of time that they’ll have off for summer.
* Summer is SHORT. I will soak up every ray of sunshine I can.
* My head has been invaded by gray hair. I’m about to declare war, but am unsure if I should stay dark or go light. Feel free to share an opinion. Seriously, I have A LOT of gray hair. I don’t know how or when this happened, but I’ve aged significantly in the last 5 years. It’s time to turn back time.
* Yes, Mama Belle we have crawfish in the North. No, we don’t eat them. We use them for bait. I don’t even know why…maybe they are poisoned up here. For the record, I do like them fried in a spicy batter.
* We are about to move the bathroom door out of the kitchen. This involves knocking giant holes in walls and moving plumbing. My lack of excitement bothers me. I should be happy the only smells in my kitchen will be good ones. Well, you already know about my cooking…
At any rate, I will be full of joy when the door is moved, the holes are patched, and the 8 inches of dust washed away.
So, those are a few of the things swirling around my mind.
What’s been in your head lately?