Today is my thirteenth wedding anniversary, and I guess I’m glad it’s not Friday. Friday the 13th for 13 years…Wow! I can’t imagine the jokes that would surround us.
Thirteen is a lot of years. Not compared to some of you, not compared to the years my grandparents shared, but still a lot. I remember seeing couples that were married ten or eleven years, and thinking what a long time that would be to be married to someone. Now I’m glad I still have a lifetime of marriage ahead of me. Thirteen years raced by bringing changes, trials, growth, tears and many laughs. I cannot imagine what the next thirteen years will bring and in some ways I’d rather not know right now.
Today it’s all about the 13 things I love about FringeMan and our marriage. For the record, my love exceeds the number 13, but I doubt you want me to go on and on.
1. FringeMan knows how to fix things.
2. Although we’ve rubbed off on each other, thirteen years into marriage, we are still uniquely us.
3. We’ve endured trial and emerged stronger, united.
4. FringeMan isn’t afraid of challenge.
5. FringeMan has carpel tunnel from rubbing my back so often.
6. We can disagree and still be in love.
7. FringeMan stocks chocolate bars and M&M’s in the freezer for my rough times.
8. He’s learned to fall asleep with the light on so I can stay up and read just a little longer.
9. He eats anything I cook. Well, except for that one time I made a fishstick casserole…
10. He has a sexy phone voice.
11, He’s not afraid to say I’m sorry.
12. He lets me paint things wretchedly tacky colors and then tells me they look nice.
13. FringeMan is still my best friend.
Happy Anniversary FringeMan and thanks for the new pillows!
So what do you love about your husband/wife, marriage, boyfriend/girlfriend?