This morning after allergy shots, we ran by the library. My son wanted to pick up a book he had ordered. We never, ever leave the library with just one book and today was no exception. The librarian gave us a bag for our bounty and she granted me a couple of extra days on the Thighs of Steel video from 1989. I’ll be de-celluliting my thighs with Denise Austin for ten days instead of seven.
And I’m thankful.
Please remind me I said that in about four days when my calf muscles seize and I can no longer climb my stairs.
- banana bread with icing (hence the need for exercise)
- silly photos of my daughter
Do you know what I’ve discovered since I started keeping a Thank You journal?
Once you begin being thankful, you become more thankful. Granted, some days are easier than others, but regardless of the circumstance, if you choose to give thanks, you become thankful.
- fun socks
- allergy shots
- laundry done
- a full sink of dishes, the sign of a good dinner
- virtual bowling
Somehow giving thanks opens your eyes to all the good going on around you. Thanks is in the little and big.
- the first ice-cream cone of the season (insert lunges, leg lifts and crunches)
- flowers in bloom
- the cross
- encouragement from bloggers
- a party invite
- a picnic dinner by the river
- 1,100 words into fiction
- a faded American flag flying tattered stripes
- a lost boy found
- birds chatting
- warmth that draws out the prickliest of neighbors
Are you thankful today?
Please do share. Thankfulness is contagious, so spread it around.
By the way…
Heather from Adventures in Womanland is starting up a new online Bible study called Humor Me, Lord. I can’t wait. Won’t you join us?
Ok, I’m done. Promise. (fingers crossed)