I am a bad blogger, because sometimes people give me nice awards and I ignore them. Well, I say “thank you” and then I have every intention of following the award rules, but good intentions get me nowhere. So if you’ve ever passed an award on to me, please know, I appreciate the thought; however I probably never got around to doing anything with that reward. I’m a bad, bad blogger. That’s all.
If it makes you feel any better, I lost the bowling trophy I got when I was eleven too. Never stick me with a blue ribbon, because chances are it will go the way of the lost and never found.
Today is a new day though. It’s Friday and I’ve decided to bite the bullet and be a good blogger. You see, JeanDayFriday gave me an award last week, the versatile blogger award. I was honored, because if there’s one thing I strive for on The Domestic Fringe, it’s versatility. One day it’s all how I lost my skinny mirror and then next it’s about the church. One minute I’m talking about going to the pig races and then next day I’m chasing my husband around and leaving steamy letters in his car. It’s versatility!
For the longest time I thought it was ADD, but nope. I’m pretty glad it’s not ADD, because as far as I know, there aren’t any awards for having a short attention span. It’s versatility and there’s an award for it.
So…here goes…some of this you’ve heard before, but I’ve had a surge (that’s a relative term) of new subscribers, so this may be new to you. Hopefully.
1. I went to an extremely small private high school and graduated with one other person. I was related to him. You can imagine the fight to be named valedictorian.
2. When FringeMan and I bought our first home in Maine, the realtor wanted us to dance around the closing table. Naked. (I wrote about it HERE.) That’s why we moved. No, I’m kidding. We love Maine. I lived there for six years. I’ve also lived in Florida for a few, but I was born and raised in New York.
3. I have a history of unfortunate events. Some call it bad luck, but I don’t believe it luck. Take for example – someone spit from the top of the staircase inside the Statue of Liberty and the spit landed right in my hair. I was also stuck in a very cramped, hot, and smelly elevator in the Empire State Building. The elevator just kept going up and down, up and down. I’ve also had birds poop on me, snow plows spray me with road grimed precipitation, and once my airplane hit a flock of geese and we had to make an emergency landing. Trouble follows me.
4. I have a clumsy side. I try to keep it secret, but every once in a while, it gets out…like the time I was eating in a restaurant and I lit a bread basket on fire. They shouldn’t put candles on the table. Fire is dangerous you know!
5. For the last 3 months of my second pregnancy, I shared concerns with my doctor over the size of my belly and consequently the baby within. Each time she assured me there was nothing to worry about. While lying in a hospital bed about to deliver, my doctor walked in, put her hand on my arm and said, “I want to talk to you about the size of this baby. I think it may be too big.”
NOW you tell me?
You can read my baby story here. My daughter was a whopper.
6. I’ve always wanted to go to Australia. I like their accent.
7. Random strangers tell me their problems. One pre-Christmas season I demonstrated toys in Waly-Mart. It was a desperate attempt to earn money and it worked. If counselors need clients, they should stand around retail stores with toys in their hands. It’s amazing the tales I heard – death, infidelity, parenting problems, health issues, marriage mishaps, motor-vehicle accidents, and on and on. Just today, the cashier in the grocery store told me her boyfriend lives off her. I think people are just desperate for someone to listen to their story. They should try blogging.
Now I am to nominate other bloggers for this prestigious award.
And I nominate:
Loyalist Cottage – go check out her pillows. They were featured in a magazine and are all the rage. You need one or maybe three. I’m sure of it!
Sugar Blossom Boutique – a lovely blog I recently discovered.
Breakfast with Tiffany – I stumbled across her blog and realized we both went to the same college. There were more than two people in my graduating class. Just wanted to let you know.
Let it be Lovely – She just did an amazing job organizing her desk. You should see her mail solutions – lovely, just like the name of her blog says.
Mamas Minutia – She’s the most amazing cook ever. I think I’ve gained 10 pounds since reading her blog. She’s also a fun mom who belly dances. How cool is she?
Withywindle – her tag line says “finding cheer and art in everyday”. Nothing better than that.
Keiko Lynn – A fun fashion blog I’ve recently discovered.
The Goat and The Kid – A brand new to me blog that I am enjoying.
Beautifully Rooted – A place of inspiration for your heart, mind, and soul.
Confessions of a Pastor’s Wife – Sara always writes insightful posts. Go visit her. Your heart will be full by the time you leave.
Broken Poet – Laura is the best! She’s a makeup artist, a young wife, and a beautiful woman. She makes the best tutorial videos ever. She’ll teach you how to do your hair and makeup and enjoy life.
If you’ll notice, I started this list with a mom and ended this list with her daughter. I think that’s just perfect.
So, thank you dear blog readers for the awards past and present. I’ll try to be better about accepting them and passing them along.
Have a great weekend!